A Traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that will aid and prepare you for your future career path.
Is it for me?
Traineeships are available to anyone aged 16-19 and also for young people with Learning Difficulty Assessments or Education Health and Care Plans.
What will I learn?
You will learn how to develop your skills and confidence through work experience and prepare yourself for the future by improving skills such as CV writing, interview techniques, job searches and inter-personal skills. We will also assist you in improving your Maths & English where required.
How long will the programme last?
The programme will last for 12 weeks and will include online initial assessment to indicate the level you are working at with your English and Maths. You will attend the Academy 2 days per week and be in the work place for a minimum of 2 days per week.
What are the benefits of a Traineeship?
Benefits of completing a Traineeship programme include:-
· Giving you the advantage when planning for your future
· Improving your English and Maths skills will improve your long term prospects and earning potential
· The skills you learn during a Traineeship will assist you in succeeding in the future
· Build your CV by gaining workplace experience
· They offer you a chance to be in the real working environment
· Providing an opportunity to gain employability skills including work ethic, team work and communication
· At the end of the work experience placement, you will receive a reference and exit interview when you will have the opportunity to discuss your next step
Traineeships are not jobs and therefore are exempt from National Minimum Wage.
Employers are not required to pay young people for any work experience placement they undertake as part of their traineeship. However, young people taking part in traineeships are undertaking education and training and could qualify for existing programmes of financial including the 16-19 Bursary Fund. Access to Work funding from the DWP is also available for young people for work experience of their traineeship programme if they have a disability or health condition that affects their ability to do a job or if they have to pay for extra work-related costs.